Cherry Bloosoms

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Scrapbooking

Recently I've started scrapbooking. This is not my 1st time putting pictures in an album and adorning it with letters, dialogue/captions, and embelishments. I'm calling this my "second-go-round," and so far I'm off to a pretty good start.

As I look at my pages-all 5 of them thus far- and other examples of different pages in "how-to" books and pamphlets, I either get discouraged or inspired. My first though is to se the stage! The background; the mood the scheme or theme! What about this....it's like a "tablescape" for my "pictures of the moment" or the ones I'm placing in scrapbook pages soon.

Question: I love memorabilia such as wedding programs, tickets, birthday cards, artwork, etc. and would love to know how to display these items with corresponding pictures. I've heard you can buy memorabilia pockets. I've also heard of others making separate albums or pages/sliders. They slide their "extras" down into an empty sleeve w/o pictures so that the photos are not ruined by the acids/or whatever is on the memorabilia. Does anyone have a good suggestion for displaying memorabilia such as this in an album??

Tip: Look through yours or your kids' box or bag of stickers. You'd be surprised how many are acid/lignin free. What a great way to find and use something for your album in a pinch and save money too??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment