Cherry Bloosoms

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ROY-G-BIV

Today on the way home from my new job (temporary though), the sky was so dark. Gray does not describe it. The down pour was over and as I wound my way through the "Napa Valley-like area of Birmingham" as a friend so affectionately put it the other day, back towards all of suburbia, there was a bright spot of trees glowing amongst the shadows. I looked and looked. Where was God's promise? I continued on the two-lane to my designated intersection and as I pulled in the turn lane and stopped. I looked up.

WOW!!! I haven't seen a rainbow like that in a while! Well, Adam and I saw a full one this summer but this one was more than full. It threw me in a trance that said, "Come follow me. Find me pot-o-gold. Go under and have fun." Well, under would have been towards the trafficked interstate and rain. As I sat there in awe, I didn't even have to count. I could see ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet!!!! ROY-G-BIV as I so fondly learned as a child. Special Ed and Navy; well I just can't help but live and breathe acronyms. But, I digress....

The rainbow was the widest I've ever seen! And I don't mean from side to side, but it was, hummm...fat! Beautifully full-bodied colors blending together stretching across the sky for God to say, "Remember!"

And then I turned left and headed on home.

1 comment: