Cherry Bloosoms

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Below is a poem that our assistant principal sent out. I think it's a great way to remember and give thanks for all our many blessings this time of year.


A Thanksgiving Poem
Thank You Lord for this Thanksgiving Day. I have a few words I have to say.
Thank You for breath to live,
for the Holy Spirit to give,
For eyes to see,
for the strength to be free,
For ears to hear,
for words that appear,
For a mouth to speak,
and knowledge to seek.
For my hands to act,
for my feet on track.
For my heart to love,
for gifts given from above,
For my mind to do Your Will,
for my soul to be still.
For my body to live,
for actions to give,
For all my remaining days,
to sing Your praise.

For the birds and the bees,
for being on my knees,
For colorful butterflies,
for the joys and the sighs,
For trees dressed in green,
for a world to be seen,
For mountains so high,
for the clear blue sky
For oceans so deep,
for on beaches to sleep.
For Your Animal Kingdom,
My thanks from within.
For a house and a bed,
warmth, light and bread.
For music and sound
My thanks are profound.
For vision and sight,
And the glorious night
For weather so pleasant,
For angels - heaven-sent
For the sun that shines,
for the jewels that are mine.
For family and friends,
for love that never ends
For life everlasting,
in Your Love I am basking
For the language of prayer,
for always being There.
For the miracle of creation,
For free gift of salvation.
Thank You for You Lord,
Your love is my reward.
- Mary A. Shovlin


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem! I wish we could have been at the lakehouse with y'all, but then again, because of LSU I am glad we weren't. ;) Miss you and we love Auntie Valerie so much!! God is all good and awesome in all His ways!
    love, shelby

    ReplyDelete