Cherry Bloosoms

Friday, December 31, 2010

In the dead of winter

In the dead of winter, there is life. You just have to plant it. Or in my case, someone helps you plant it.


Sometimes the deployment thing just gets a bit monotnous and dead. No spice in life. Well, I was thinking about that today.


Adam and I had a nice skype and read about dying to become new in 1 Corinthians 15. The devotion went on to talk about planting bulbs this time of year and that in the spring, their life is a reminder to us all. Adam then tells a story of helping his grandparents plant tulips at their home when he was younger. And do you know what happened next....


Life! Right at my doorstep! A bunch of vibrant red parrot tulips were delivered to me by my knight in shining armour of a sailor! And while we were still skyping! There is still life when everything seems dark and dreary. When the cold of winter makes you want to hull up inside all day, there is still something there. Something to drag you out of your funk.... and I think I've been in one.


"Start the New Year with a positive attitude." Resolution #1-CHECK. A smiling wife-CHECK.


What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. -1 Cor. 36

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story! We definitely want to see pictures of your tulips in the spring! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete